THERMOFIRE – Bio-based fire-retardant thermoplastic composites reinforced with natural fibres
We are glad to announce the launch of the European project THERMOFIRE – Bio-based fire-retardant thermoplastic composites reinforced with natural fibres - funded by Horizon Europe, started on June, 1st 2023.
The project THERMOFIRE has the objective to develop novel bio-based and recyclable composites with enhanced mechanical properties and fire resistance by using natural fiber reinforcements and bio-based halogen-free flame retardants. The production of these novel composite materials will be scaled up and 3 types of demonstrators will be developed (for aerospace, automotive and textile applications). Through the development of such advanced materials, THERMOFIRE will contribute in EU’s independence towards fossil based polymers.
Informations sur le projet
Funded by the European Union, under the call HORIZON-JU-CBE-2022, with a total budget of 4.5 million euros for 4 years, the project is coordinated by AVANZARE INNOVACIÓN TECNOLÓGICA, and involves 12 European partners.
The THERMOFIRE project partners met on June, 27th and 28th 2023, in Navarrete, Spain, for the kick off meeting and launch of project activities. Insightful meetings were held at Avanzare. All the consortium was warmly welcomed and on the 28th, a visit of Avanzare facilities was also organized.
Consortium du projet
- ANGEL RUIZ IBANEZ S.A. (Spain)
- ARKEMA (France)
- AVANZARE INNOVACIÓN TECNOLÓGICA (Spain)
- CANOE (Centre Technologique Nouvelle Aquitaine Composites et matériaux avancés) (France)
- CTCR APIDIT (Asociación para la promoción, investigación, desarrollo e innovación tecnológica de la industria del calzado y conexas de la Rioja) (Spain)
- CTME (Fundacion Centro Tecnologico De Miranda De Ebro (Spain)
- ENSATEC SL (Spain)
- MNLT INNOVATIONS IKE (Greece)
- NATUREPLAST SAS (France)
- POLYMERIS (Competitiveness cluster for rubbers plastics and composites) (France)
- SAFRAN SA (France)
- SRC (Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A.) (Italy)