Tech'Day - Recycling
Participate in a technical day dedicated to the recycling of plastics and their reuse. The technical day is organized by the Icam of Nantes, Polymeris and Polyvia. See you on Thursday, November 3.
- 9:00 - 9:30 :Welcome of the participants and introduction by the organizers
- 9:30 - 10:30 : Round Table - How can a processor successfully work in a closed loop?
Hosted by Yves Schmitt, IPC et Yoann Etourneau, Icam de Nantes.
With Delphine Peron et Jérôme Klaeylé, Trioworld et Pascal Metenier, Caliplast.
- State of the art of recycling
- Trioworld : To manufacture new high performance plastic films with maximum recycled material:
- Reminder of definitions and context MPR, PIR, PCR, natural, colored
- Market brakes and technical and economic limits
- The choice, collection, sorting and quality of plastic films to be recycled
- The transformation of films into quality granules: grinding, washing, granulation and quality controls
- The use of regenerated materials in the manufacture of new film by extrusion-inflatingCaliplast : Implementation of closed-loop recycling of discarded plastic parts
Caliplast has carried out a study on the recycling of its own plastic waste within the framework of the ORPLAST3 project financed by the ADEME. With ICAM, we have carried out a campaign to characterize the mechanical properties of different sources of material according to the rate of incorporation of PRM on the one hand, and the processing technology (injection or 3D printing of granules) on the other. In parallel, a study on the organization of the management (internal and external) of waste was conducted. Recommendations were made for grinding and regranulation, preparation (drying) and dosing (virgin material/RPM/additives)
Opening to other types of solutions
- 10:30 - 11:00 : Networking
- 11:00 - 11:30 : The place of the recycler in the value chain: what are the steps from the deposit to the transformation into granules
With Nicolas Richard, GLOBAL RECOV
- What are the steps from the deposit to the transformation into pellets?
- Processed materials : PIR, for what reasons?
- Treatment thresholds
- 11:30 - 12:00 : Knauf Circular : a new life for expanded polystyrene
With Gilles Istin et Patrick Sutter, KNAUF INDUSTRIES
- Sustainable EPS waste management: the Knauf Circular principle
- Local collection of EPS and reuse
- Opening up to expanded materials from renewable resources
- 12:00 - 1:30 : Lunch break and networking
- 1:30 - 2:00 : High performance recycled materials
With Frédéric Porcher, LEHVOSS
In order to meet both the carbon challenges and the requirements of certain applications, Lehvoss will present high performance compounds from mechanical recycling. We will talk about origin, traceability, batch control, and the whole process that guarantees the stability of recycled materials. The mechanical properties of recycled PEEK compounds with glass and carbon fibers will be discussed.
- 2:00 - 2:30 : TPE Resound OM : recycled marine waste
WithMarc-Antoine Hue et Carolane Sperissen, AVIENT
Through this presentation, we will talk about Avient's sustainable strategy and the recycled TPE solutions we offer. This will be followed by a detailed explanation of the technical characteristics of our solutions as well as the ability to determine and compare their carbon footprints. We will also talk about possible applications and future innovations planned at Avient.
- 2:30 - 3:00 : Networking
- 3:00 - 3:30 : Speaker to be confirmed
- 3:30 - 4:00 : Speaker to be confirmed
- 4:00 - 4:30 : Speaker to be confirmed
- 4:30 - 5:00 : Networking and closing of the day
Several 30-minute networking sessions are scheduled throughout the technical day.
To encourage exchanges between participants, to allow you to interact with the speakers, but also to discover other innovative solutions.
Several groups will be formed in order to offer you a guided tour of the Icam's workshops and demonstrations will be proposed by :
+33 (0)6 42 69 01 45